About Diramo Volley
We are a small co-ed/mix volleyball club, based in Copenhagen. We offer three separate ways to play volleyball: “Traditional” hardcourt volleyball, indoor beach volleyball, and outdoor beach volleyball.
Wednesday nights 7 PM – 8:30 PM in Hafnia Court, Hafnia-hallen, during indoor season (roughly September through May).
Indoor beach volleyball:
Monday nights 8 PM – 9:30 PM in Hafnia Beach, Hafnia-hallen, during indoor season (roughly September through May).
Saturdays 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM in Hafnia Beach, Hafnia-hallen, during indoor season (roughly September through May).
Outdoor beach volleyball:
Monday afternoons 4 PM – 6:30 PM in Ryparken during beach volleyball season (roughly June through August). Please come join us!
You can contact us (the club board) at the following email address: board (at) diramo (dot) dk, or using the Danish alternative: bestyrelse (at) diramo (dot) dk. You can also check out our Facebook page.
We are a motley crew, representing a variety of ages, skill levels, languages, countries of origin, etc.
Well, the volleyball rules are the volleyball rules. And then again … We expect you to be familiar with the basic concepts, and to have a good grasp of the game; or at least to be able to reach that level quickly. This includes a minimum level of courtesy, including sticking to agreed roles; regularly inserting yourself in situations that naturally would be considered somebody else’s responsibility is frowned upon.
Note that the Danish mix/co-ed volleyball rules, as laid down by the Eastern Denmark Volleyball Association (SVBK), sets the net height at 235 cm; in between the 224 cm women’s net height, and the 243 cm men’s net height.
We are not an expensive volleyball club! This is due to the facts that
- The Copenhagen municipality is providing the courts to us at no cost
- We currently have neither paid staff nor a trainer/manager/coach; everything is based on volunteering
- We are currently not enrolled in any ongoing tournaments/leagues.
The membership fee is currently DKK 300 per calendar year; DKK 150 for September – December 2018.
Sign me up! Where do I begin?
It is slightly more complicated than that. This is what you do:
- Send us an e-mail (see contact info above) to see if we are currently accepting new members.
- If we are, then come meet us! We play hard court volleyball on Wed nights 19-20:30 (7 PM – 8:30 PM) during the indoor season in Hafnia-hallen, Hafnia Court. We also play indoor beach volleyball on Mon nights 20-21:30 (8 PM – 9:30 PM) at Hafnia Beach 3 and Sat around noon (11:30 AM – 1:00 PM) at Hafnia Beach 3, also in Hafnia-hallen. Outdoor play is at Ryparken Beach Volleyball, close to Ryparken Train Station, taking place Mon 16-18.30 (4 PM – 6:30 PM) during the beach volleyball season. You might want to shoot us an e-mail in advance – that way you can save a trip in case of cancellations etc.
- Get access to our forum on holdsport.dk so that you can sign up for training sessions and track cancellations.
- Play with us for up to three times, so that you and we both have a chance to see if it is working out.
- Assuming it does, pay the fee and you are in.